Saturday, November 3, 2012

Effortless Fashion

The most important thing for a working mom is time. There just never seems to be enough time to get everything done the way you want it, but this should not mean that you have to dress drab, messy or blah.  Dresses are a great thing to wear when you are in a hurry. Its simple, one piece, a few accessories and voila you're done! Remember, your simple dress does not have to equal boring, it can be one great printed piece worn alone, or a solid color spiced up with chunky jewelry, cool shoes, a scarf, the possibilities are endless. If you are having trouble putting together your outfit, find inspiration in magazines, TV shows, Internet or friends, and use them to create your look. Its a good idea to have a few go to basic dresses that work with various accessories depending on the occasion and weather.

I've been wanting to do a pretty white dress for some time, but was not sure how to pull it off. I've been traveling for a few weeks and my fitness and healthy eating routine have suffered so I'm not in my best "white dress" shape of my life, but looking through Pinterest I found inspiration and was able to put this look together with pieces I had in my own closet!

This is a quick, easy, comfortable outfit that I wore to out this Saturday for lunch with my girlfriends. Nice and loose to help me hide the annoying muffin top action I have going, cinched at the waist with a thick stretchy belt to give my body shape and keep it from looking frumpy, simple long necklace from urban outfitters, studded brown boots and a pair of shades. Took me 15 minutes to get ready (thanks to the shades as I didn't feel like makeup today). Needless to say I suggested outdoor dining :)

1 comment:

  1. Here from ICLW. I couldnt agree that dresses are a grab and go outit that is prefect when you dont have a lot of time.

    I think the thing that keeps a lot of women from dressing themselves nicely is that they over think it soo much. Not to mention all of the neg self image. :C

    Accept what you have, dress it nicely, and dont forget to HAVE FUN!!! I love using pintrest to gather ideas.

    Loved your post :D

    ReplyDelete